Food recipes

Saturday, September 16, 2017

Why keep drawing?

It's easy to do paintings in the comfort of your home. I actually remembered to take photos of the process this time while painting these color pencils. I bought them in Mexico last year not as drawing tool but as a souvenir. The paper makes a big difference in the final result. I love this painting. I used Arches paper cold press 140 lb, one of my favorites, pencil and watercolor paint. I'm being fascinated lately by the results you can get by using the classic combination of tools, so much that the title of this blog should be changed from pen and ink to pencil and watercolors, ha ha. I thought that pen was going to be my favorite forever, boy I was wrong. I guess artists evolve or mature? This makes me wonder, what is it that keeps me so hooked to drawing, or painting or sketching regardless of your tools' choice? Satisfaction. If you haven't tried yet, please do.

No comments:

Post a Comment